Terms & Conditions - Membership of S.V.T.B. Curius
1. Identity association
1. Studievereniging Technische Bestuurskunde Curius, hereafter referred to as S.V.T.B. Curius, is the study association of the faculty Technology, Policy and Management at Delft University of Technology. Founded on March 19, 1993 in Delft and established at Jaffalaan 5, 2628 BX, Delft.
1. These terms and conditions are applicable to the membership of S.V.T.B Curius, established in Delft.
1. A yearly fee is attached to the membership of S.V.T.B. Curius. The height of that amount is captured in the Rules of Procedure (Huishoudelijk Reglement). Membership is extended during the period that the member is registered as a student at the faculty of Technology, Policy and Management in Delft. The membership can be terminated by the member on the website or by means of an e-mail to S.V.T.B. Curius if the member wishes.
2. Before the amount stated in Article 3, paragraph 1, is debited, an e-mail will be sent to the member to inform him or her of this event. If a member wishes to terminate his or her membership, no refund will be made in case the amount stated in Article 3, paragraph 1 has already been written off.
3. If a member is expelled, there will be no refund of the amount mentioned in Article 3, paragraph 1.
4. The member must adhere to the conditions as stated in the Statutes and the Rules of Procedure of S.V.T.B. Curius.
1. By accepting the terms and conditions of the membership the member agrees that S.V.T.B. Curius can use his or her personal details in order to promote Curius’ activities to the member.
2. By accepting the terms and conditions of the membership the member agrees that S.V.T.B. Curius can inform the member about activities of third parties per e-mail. If this is undesirable for the member, he or she can indicate this to the board of S.V.T.B. Curius.
3. By accepting the terms and conditions of the membership the member agrees that his or her name, email address, phone number and picture will be visible at a closed section on www.Curius.nl only accessible by members.
4. By accepting the terms and conditions of the membership the member agrees that the board of the S.V.T.B. Curius can keep record of personal performance whenever he or she joins a committee.
5. The personal details of the member will not be shared with third parties, unless the member has given formal permission, or this is required for the participation of an activity as is desired by the member.
6. During activities of S.V.T.B. Curius images or sound recordings can be made. By participating an activity the participant agrees with these recordings, reproductions and distribution on the S.V.T.B. Curius website, S.V.T.B. Curius Facebook or other media. These recordings will be deleted if the relevant participant desires this.
1. S.V.T.B. Curius is in no way liable for the loss, theft and/or damage, of whatever nature, of ownership of participants in activities or users of S.V.T.B. Curius’s services.
2. S.V.T.B. Curius is in no way liable for damage of any kind, resulting from the date or time of delivery of goods and/or services.
3. Participants of S.V.T.B. Curius’s activities do so at their own risk. S.V.T.B. Curius accepts no liability for any damage, of whatever nature, which is directly or indirectly the result of acts or omissions of (members, committee members or board members of) S.V.T.B. Curius, unless the damage is the result of intent or gross negligence.
4. The current board of S.V.T.B. Curius is liable for the losses that originate from an actual or alleged act or omission, dereliction of duty, negligence, error, incorrect or misleading statement and/or improper performance of duties by active committee members of S.V.T.B. Curius as are described in the Liability Insurance for Board members, Commissioners and Observers BusinessGuard Private D&O NL 2013 owned by S.V.T.B. Curius, as long as the previously mentioned insurance covers the losses. (Please come by the Curius office for an English translation).
1. S.V.T.B. Curius maintains the right, without prior notification, to change and correct the terms and conditions at any time, whenever this is desirable. Every change will be announced at the General Meeting of S.V.T.B. Curius, from which the minutes are accessible to all members.
7. Alcohol, Drugs and weapons
1. At activities of S.V.T.B. Curius the consumption and/or possession of alcohol is prohibited for members under 18 years old. The board of S.V.T.B. Curius remains the right to refuse or remove the relevant member from an activity whenever the board has any suspicion of consumption and/or possession of alcohol by a member under 18. In addition, the activity may be terminated, the member may be refused future activities and expulsion can be considered.
2. S.V.T.B. Curius utilises a zero tolerance policy regarding the use and possession of drugs. At activities of S.V.T.B. Curius the use and/or possession of drugs is prohibited for all members. The board of S.V.T.B. Curius remains the right to refuse or remove the relevant member from an activity whenever the board has any suspicion of use and/or possession of drugs by a member. In addition, the activity may be terminated, the member may be refused future activities and expulsion can be considered.
3. At activities of S.V.T.B. Curius it is prohibited to carry weapons or any form of a possible weapon. By suspicion or observation the member will be transferred to the police. In addition, the activity may be terminated, the member may be refused future activities and expulsion can be considered.
1. Participants in activities are obliged to follow instructions of the organizing committee(s) and of the board members at all times.
2. If the rule stated in Article 8, paragraph 1 is violated, the board may decide to terminate the activity, refuse the member future activities or consider expulsion.
3. Any costs for the removal of the participant will be for the account of the participant.
4. These general terms and conditions must be seen as an extension to the Statutes and the Rules of Procedure of S.V.T.B. Curius, which must in all cases be regarded as leading. These documents can be viewed at the board of S.V.T.B. Curius if desired.