Junior Fund Controller Originate to Manage (Retail Bank)
- NIBC Bank
- Required language
- Dutch, English
Are you an early-career professional or a mid-career professional with the eagerness to become a fund controller and are you looking for your next step? Meet NIBC: a small bank with a big heart and great opportunities within banking. In this role, you'll connect our businesses with clients, investors, finance, and funds. You will play an import role in providing reliable and complete financial information to our investors as a member of the Data and Reporting team. Furthermore, you enjoy working with numbers and handling extensive financial datasets.
This is what you'll do
Tasks rotate within our team, this means you’ll have dynamic job with room to grow and develop your skills. Having attention to details and a critical perspective, you’ll strive for a high level of excellence and performance.
- You will be responsible for investor reporting (in accordance with our investors’ SLAs and internal reporting planning) and as an expert you will communicate with our investor about the reporting process and mortgages data.
- You will be responsible for an impeccable billing and cashflow monitoring process, and you will act decisively when needed.
- Visit and follow up on questions from our international investors and internal stakeholders.
- Preparation and proto typing of product performance reports and data quality monitoring.
- Coordinate data management change requests in cooperation with our Data & Reporting team colleagues, outsource partners and IT department.
- Automating and simplifying administrative processes (E.g. Business Objects, designing Datawarehouse improvements and Python).
- You will be co-owner of the reporting environment, and as such you will participate in change and continuous improvements.
This role is positioned in the Retail Bank Data & Investor Reporting team. A group of 11 data and investor reporting experts. The team members have a wide range of skills and backgrounds and would like to welcome a new junior colleague. The team is very cooperative and you will get guidance and training on the difference activities that takes place within the team.
NIBC as employer
Founded in 1945 to finance the visionary entrepreneurs who helped rebuilding the Netherlands after the second World War, NIBC was closely collaborating while professionally supporting companies and individuals in realizing their dreams and goals with a sustainable future in mind. As a midsize bank with a multicultural working environment that is best described as dynamic and ambitious, we share a forward-thinking, can-do attitude with our employees and clients which we call our THINK YES mentality. Our corporate values are Professional, Adaptive, Collaborative and Entrepreneurial. You will have a direct and meaningful impact on both the bank and its clients. By building our company on optimism and mutual trust, and with our THINK YES mentality, NIBC is an enterprising bank that enables ambitions.
Think YES if you…
- Have a Bachelor or Master Degree (preferably in a field that required working with numbers and data).
- Are a junior professional (1 - 5 years of relevant work experience) or medior professional who is eager to become a fund controller.
- Enjoy working with numbers and financial data (for example cashflows analyses, fee calculation).
- Have experience with analyzing spreadsheets, reporting and data analysis tools (Excel, Python, Business Objects, Power BI, SQL).
- Fluent in Dutch, speaking and writing, and good English communication skills.
- Pay attention to details.
- Have Analytical, problem solving, team player competencies.
- Feel comfortable in dealing with ambiguity and shifting priorities, timelines and demands.
- Are interested in the financial services sector (Mortgages, Asset Management and Savings products).
Nice to haves
- Experience with finance, control reporting processes.
- Work experience from an (external) audit firm.
- Knowledge and experience in the field of asset management and specifically mortgage securitizations (Originate to Manage / Originate to Distribute).
- Knowledge of the Dutch retail mortgages market.
What’s in it for you?
NIBC is provides an ambitious environment in which together we strive to create a fantastic workplace and where you feel safe and challenged to be the best version of yourself. This is in line with Professional, Adaptive, Collaborative and Entrepeneurial, since you are in the lead of setting the PACE of your career at NIBC. In addition you receive a competitive salary, plus:
- Several ways to support your development personally and professionally, ao:
- Personal development budget, to spend at your own discretion
- Professional budget provided by your manager, to develop yourself in your work
- GoodHabitz: free online courses you can choose to take for your own benefit
- NIBC embraces the Hybrid way of Working. This means that we support working from home as well as encourage our colleagues to come to the office. NIBC's guideline is to spend at least half of the working time at the office;
- Travel expenses or NS Business Card 1st class;
- 32 vacation days (which do not have to be registered);
- Excellent pension scheme (27% NIBC contribution);
- A voucher to improve your home office;
- The opportunity to take ownership and show initiative in your role. We are always open to new ideas, and encourage to use your voice;
- The nature of our Grow to Make a Difference program enables you to be in charge of your own development;
- Two staff associations: YoungNIBC and MyLeisure;
- Vitality program, annual company-wide sports & leisure days;
- Monthly internet allowance;
- Laptop and a company phone;
- Excellent facilities at the office (Coffeecorner, Restaurant, Exchange bar);
- Last but not least, a fun workplace in which diversity and inclusion is valued (click here).
Will you be our new Colleague?
Apply at NIBC