Intern M&A / Corporate Finance in Telecom, Media, Technology & Services
- NIBC Bank
- Bachelor & Master
- Start op
- 01 October 2017
Sector Team TMT&S is looking for an intern!
NIBC Telecom, Media, Technology and Services (TMT&S)
The TMT&S team is a young and dynamic team, active across all NIBC’s geographies (the Netherlands, Germany, UK, and Belgium). The team focuses on ‘strategic events’ for their clients, and actively cooperates on cross-border situations. These include origination and execution of mergers and acquisitions, financing of major capital expenditures, shareholder restructurings, and other complex structured finance solutions. The focus of the sector team is defined around a number of subsectors, being: telecom/cable, hosting/datacenters, digital/education, leisure, business software/IT services/High-tech, financial solutions (fintech) and business services. As an intern you are an integral part of focused client project teams.
What will you do?
- Perform market, industry and company specific analyses;
- Conduct valuations and other financial analyses;
- Prepare documents for client meetings;
- Assist in the execution of transactions;
- Contribute to internal team meetings
- You will work closely with M&A and Finance team members and with professionals from different teams of the bank (Markets, Distribution, Risk, Legal, Tax, etc.)
Who are we looking for?
- A relevant Bachelor’s or Master’s degree. We hire top talents from diverse university backgrounds ranging from economics and business administration, to law or technology. Activities showing affinity with finance and investment subjects (such as your thesis, business courses or extra-curricular activities) will be considered as well
- Distinctive academic results as well as extra-curricular activities
- Strong analytical and numerical skills
- Good commercial sense, and affinity with the sector
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills. Fluent in English and Dutch
- A committed, self-starting and flexible team player
- Available for a period of at least 4 months
Our purpose is to make a difference at decisive moments for our clients. The inventiveness of our services often determines our ability to do this. And inventive ideas arise from diverse teams. We are therefore looking for people with different profiles and who want to contribute to the openness and inclusiveness of our culture. To increase our professionalism we also focus on giving each other continuous feedback. A high performance culture can only be sustained with talented individuals who are always ready to take the next step to grow. See also: https://www.nibc.com/about-us/our-purpose-and-corporate-values/
What will you get?
The benefits of a smaller, dynamic firm: being able to work where, when and how you want. You will have a direct impact on both the bank and its clients. Being an intern at our organisation will give you substantial responsibilities, direct exposure to senior management and enable you to understand how the bank works. This is a unique opportunity in which you can best showcase your talents. This internship will allow you to work along with a highly recognised team and to learn the ins and outs of corporate banking while having a special focus on the earlier mentioned subsectors. By being actively involved in the day-to-day operations, you quickly gain insight in a broad range of transactions and financing structures while at the same time you will get familiarised with the ins and outs of the various subsectors.
Application / further information
Please click on the apply button and fill in the application form and upload your cv, motivation letter and academic transcripts (Bachelor’s and Master’s if applicable). To upload multiple documents, please click the upload button again after uploading a document! All documents need to be uploaded otherwise we cannot take your application into consideration.
An assessment is part of the application procedure.
For more information about the procedure you may contact the HRInfodesk at firstname.lastname@example.org. Like to know more about the position, please contact one of our analysts in the TMTS team Martine Scheeder at Martine.Scheerder@nibc.com