Analyst Position Opportunity
- First Annapolis Consulting
- Commences at
- 26 June 2015
- Finishes at
- 31 December 2015
First Annapolis is a leading management consulting and mergers and acquisitions advisory firm. We currently have opportunities for candidates that are interested to start a career in management consulting. We are recruiting for Analyst or Sr. Analyst positions. First Annapolis is a global advisor to the payments industry (cards, online, mobile, etc.) in which we advise clients on strategic decisions such as new products or partnerships and on decisions to acquire or divest businesses or assets. Payments are a highly specialized industry combining sophisticated technology, business and legal challenges. Our client base extends around the world and includes leading companies in the financial services, retail, and technology, industries. The firm is headquartered in Annapolis, USA and our European clients are served from our offices located at the Keizersgracht in Amsterdam.
For more information about First Annapolis, please refer to www.firstannapolis.com.
Position Responsibilities: Analyst responsibilities include conducting quantitative, financial, and strategic analysis; research and data collection; and assisting with solving strategic business problems. Our work environment is fast-paced and the Analyst position demands high energy and creativity. Work is often conducted in a team environment and, depending on the size and scope of projects, involves a combination of Partners, Managers, Senior Consultants, and Analysts. The duration of projects varies from two to ten months and Analysts have the opportunity to be staffed on multiple assignments with staggered deadlines. Travel will be required, although the travel is unlikely to be extensive.
The successful candidate for an Analyst position will have the following qualifications:
- Excellent analytical thinking skills;
- Creativity and problem solving skills;
- Strong research skills;
- Excellent computer skills, including Excel or similar spreadsheet packages and PowerPoint;
- Strong communication and writing skills;
- Solid understanding of basic finance concepts such as net present value and discounted cash flow analysis and experience in developing financial models;
- Ability to be a self-starter, to take initiative;
- Fluency in English is required, as is excellence in writing in English;
- Fluency in German, Spanish, or French, is valued, but not required;
- Financial modeling and statistical analysis (SPSS or SAS) skills are a plus;
- Open-mindedness and ability to be productive in a dynamic work environment;
Candidates with relevant work experience will be considered for more advanced positions (Sr. Analyst, Associate, or Consultant based on the level of prior experience).
Joining First Annapolis’ European office presents an opportunity for top candidates to enter management consulting through a highly respected firm in a dynamic industry. The company is widely respected as a world leader, but at the same time has all the advantages of a friendly-sized consulting boutique. The position will report directly to Joel Van Arsdale, Partner and Managing Director of the European business of First Annapolis.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits. We are an equal opportunity employer.
To apply: submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com